Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family Update


I can't believe how fast time flies.  Amber is getting so big.  We went to Jeff's sister's house for January birthday dinner last night and it was so fun for Amber to be able to walk around and play with all the other kids.  She is such a big girl!!  She walks great now and is getting so many teeth.  She knows so many more words and understands so much we say.  It's so fun that we can communicate so much more now.  She has been off her bottle for a few months now and has been off her binky for a few weeks.  She's also down to one nap a day now.  It blows me away that she is getting so old.  It is so exciting!!

Jeff started school again a couple of weeks ago and is loving his computer science classes, but not so much the others.  It'll be more fun once he can get those out of the way.  He is very happy and loves being a daddy.  Amber is his whole world.  He loves her so much and can't get enough of her.  She loves him so much too.  She hates when he leaves and laughs so hard when they play together.  

I am doing great.  I'm 32 weeks pregnant as well as very tired and sore.  I feel like I've forgotten so much of my last pregnancy even though it wasn't really that long ago.  Was I this sore this early last time?  I don't know.  The great thing is that I can still sleep at night (minus the sometimes multiple potty trips) and I can still get work done at home in the day.  

I am scheduling a c-section tomorrow morning for sometime in March.  Stay posted for the exact date!!  It is going to be so different (and a whole lot nicer) to skip out on the whole labor thing and go straight to delivery.  I ended up having to have a c-section with Amber after 12 hours of labor at the hospital because she was just too big.  She weighed 9 lbs 6 oz when she was born.  I was measuring two weeks ahead for the last have of my pregnancy with her and this time I have been measuring four seeks ahead!  Crazy.  This is why we are scheduling a c-section.  

Anyway, life is great.  We are all healthy and happy and that is most important.  We are so thankful to all our family and friends who love and support us.  Thanks to you all!!  

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I didn't know you had a C-section with Amber. 12 hours of labor then the C-section? Ugh! Things will definitely go better this time. You look darling Andrea!

Sarah said...

So cute... I love pregnant pics! Your little girl is darling, and so is your cute family. You will love having your girls close together... they will be the best of friends!

Christie said...

Oh boy.. I am so thinking about you today. Can't wait to hear what is going on. Sure love you. The pics of Amber are so cute. My kids still talk about her saying "NOOOO" for nose. :-) They miss her too

Shaun and Lindsey Reynolds said...

Love the pictures of you guys! Thanks for hanging out with us, too. We can't wait to play again!

Willie and Tina said...

I hope they don't make you wait so long before they decide to let you have this baby. I know with Amber the last 2 weeks were very long. I hope you let us know when this new little addition comes. I hope you all the best. By the way you look WAY cute!!